Touchstone Consulting Limited (2010 – to date)
Peter Ingram is Managing Director of Touchstone Consulting Limited, his own company, established to provide strategic consulting in telecommunications, media and technology to a range of clients in the UK and around the world.
Ofcom (2004 – 2009)
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Ofcom is the regulator and competition authority for the UK's converged communications industry, with responsibilities covering television, radio, telecommunications, and the management of the radio spectrum.
As CTO, Peter was responsible for ensuring that Ofcom remained at the forefront of understanding the impact of technology developments on the communications industry that Ofcom regulates.
He played a leading role in a number of Ofcom's strategic reviews of telecommunications, broadcasting, and the radio spectrum, in particular:
- Ofcom's Strategic Review of Telecommunications, which led to the functional separation of BT Openreach
- Ofcom's strategy for Next Generation Access (NGA)/Superfast Broadband
- Ofcom’s management of the radio spectrum
Reporting to the Ofcom CEO, Peter was a member of Ofcom's Executive Committee and Policy Executive, Chairman of Ofcom's Operations Board, and Group Head of the Technology & Spectrum Operations (T&SO) group, which comprised Ofcom's Information Systems, Central Operations and Field Operations teams.
Peter was executive sponsor of Ofcom's Unify project - a major IS/business change programme, and of Ofcom's Footprint project, which reduced carbon dioxide emissions from Ofcom's operations and obtained certification against the Carbon Trust Standard. Peter also served as an employer-nominated Trustee Director of the Ofcom Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
BT (1971 – 2003)
Chief Technology Officer (CTO), BT Retail
Various earlier roles
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is one of the world's leading providers of communications solutions and services operating in 170 countries.
In his previous role, Peter was Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at BT Retail, part of British Telecommunications plc. Peter had a long and varied career at BT. In his last two years at BT, he played a decisive role in the early-stage development of new revenue-generating services enabled by new technology, and led the development of BT's strategy for fixed/mobile convergence. He also spent 2 years (1993 – 1995) working in the US establishing a global joint venture (BT/MCI, Concert).
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (FIET), 2003
- Corporate Finance Programme, London Business School, 2002
- Advanced Business Management Programme, INSEAD, Paris, 1999
- European Engineer (Eur Ing), European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI), 1989
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), The Engineering Council, 1980
- Bachelor of Science degree with first-class honors (BSc(Hons)) in Telecommunications Engineering, University of Essex, 1977.
Peter has a full Developed Vetting (DV) UK national security clearance.